Sunday 7 August 2011

Menswear AW11: 'Maximum of Minimum'

One of my favourite menswear collections for A/W11 is from the designers Sachiko Okada and Aaron Sharif, for their fashion label Blaak.

I love firstly the title of the collection, which reminds me of my work- in my photo shoot concepts I like to look at extremes, from maximum taste to minimal classics.

Menswear collections for AW/11 flirted with the androgynous look, the collections were also heavily influenced by functionality within clothing. Blaak's Maximum of Minimum collection does have these key styles and themes within their collection, but it's not overtly out there and in your face which I really like. You can see subtle greats in their pieces for A/W11- for instance, I love their black shirt with zipped collar, it looks fab as it is, but when the collar is zipped away, it gives the shirt another style.

This shoot below, from Dazed and Confused online, reminds me so much also of The Hurts style- one which you guys know I love!

This shoot in itself, is fab! I love the yellow undertones of the images, and the 4th image below is just stunning. The way the photographer caught the models movement yet shot the product so clear is gorgeous.













No comments: