Tuesday 11 January 2011

To start the new year...stunning fashion imagery

Happy New Year readers!!

Hope the festivities have been fabulous for you all.

...and yes, I know I'm a bad friend...I haven't updated on here for a long time, this is because I had 4 deadlines to complete for uni over the festive, mince pie eating period: I had a photoshoot for a live brief to do (which if you are interested in seeing my project from the very beginning, see my journal blog for the project); I had my first experience working with male fashion- I did a fantastic and very successful style consultation with my brother aka mrYen; I had to finish my journal for our christmas fashion show for university and I still have my contact book to do....so as you can see, busy busy busy bee I have been.

Anyway, lets move on, don't want to bore you guys anymore.....

So 2011, wow the years are going by quickly: New Years resolutions for this year- definitely eating less (such a cliche,sorry) and visiting more exhibitions to keep my creative juices flowing.

To start this year on here, I figured I would open with gorgeous imagery from an amazing photographer.

...

I came across this photographer from a blog I follow, Habitually Chic: this image made me want to find out more about the creative.


Guy Aroch's images are distinctive in that the colouring and the tone of the image is so timeless. The images almost look vintage like- I really love this look.

Guy has lived in the amazing city of New York since 1993, where he has grown as a creative person and his work has been influenced by the amazing surroundings. Today he is one of the leading photographers in fashion, beauty and entertainment. Specifically with his signature use of colour and tones, his images feel fresh, modern and unique.

Guy has shifted his creative abilities over to the moving image where he is directing pieces for his clients and editorial partners.

Guy Aroch spends his time between New York, London and Paris.


...what a lucky guy...




No comments: