Tuesday 21 June 2011

Diary Talk: catch up.

Wow! Sorry readers I haven't posted in such a long time, with me graduating in the next couple of weeks my head has been all over the place, let me give you a run down of what's happening.

Ok, the film I was supposed to be working on, unfortunately the job fell through, I was and am, extremely grateful that the role was given to myself but for unfortunate reasons I am unable to be the costume assistant for the film, 'Piercing Brightness'. The film is still in the running to be shot so I look forward to seeing the finished product and with regards to my film reviewing, since I last spoke to you guys I have seen a variety of films: 'Rubber', 'X-Men: First Class', 'Hangover 2' etc.. I'm still inlove with film, I REALLY love it when you go to the flicks and you hear the 20th Century Fox music intro: that lovely feeling that the next couple of hours I can escape, it's such a fab feeling!

'X-Men: First Class' was really great actually, I went with friends and I embarrassingly hadn't seen any of the other X-Men films, but as soon as this film finished I went home and watched the first X-Men and I am now working through the films. I found it better to see 'X-Men: First Class', before I watched the other X-Men movies: it unravelled and highlighted the key characters. I haven't chosen a favourite character just yet, I will let you know when I do :)

'Hangover 2' wasn't as good as the first, but still the movie does make me giggle, and the film 'Rubber', I just came across because I went to see some friends in Beverly, and my friend, Emma, teaches media and film and it was in fact one of her students who said that she should watch the movie, 'Rubber' and my oh my, that film was just crazy! I read the back of the dvd and it just sounded that insane that it made me want to see the film. The film is about a rubber tyre who kills people- I know! If you ever get the chance to watch the film, do so, because I know it sounds very strange but it's that bad that it's good.





So, what lies ahead for me over these next couple of weeks? Well at the minute I'm on a marketing internship with the fabulous company CREATE based in Leeds, I will be seeing the beginnings of a restaurant to it's opening. I will be involved in marketing the restaurant and the company over these next few months- this is something i'm very excited to be working on, I have my first meeting this thursday so I will let you know how that goes. As mentioned I'm graduating this july, and I get my final grade for my degree this friday!! All the four years I've been studying for, all the hard work, tears, giggles, commuting, everything comes down to this grade so wish me luck :) I'm still working as a visual merchandiser for UKGreetings and I am collaborating with creatives on photoshoots so I'm still busy which is good.

Anyway I hope I haven't bored you guys, I just know it's best to keep communication on a high to just let you know that i'm still here. How are you guys doing? Do you have anything nice planned for the summer?

....fashion postings to come :)

No comments: