Tuesday 12 April 2011

'The Housekeeping Society'


Last night I went to a great album launch for a three man band: 'The Housekeeping Society'.

Before I went to see the launch I had an idea as to how the night was going to go when regarding an album launch, but I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised.

When thinking about music, specifically nowadays, people don't give time to think about the work and credit that goes into producing a song, let alone an album, so i just loved the fact that the guys had made a 10 minute film clip together for us to watch before the actual gig, it was really great to see what concept the band focused on, the idea behind their reasoning and to also see the band producing the songs and the album. You understand the amazing support that the band has from family and friends, but you also understand the passion and drive for each member from the band when producing this album.

The idea behind the album is one that looks at the lives and times of a community in a North England Mill Town, back in the 1880's. If you want to read further about the inspiration for the album, from the band yourself, visit here. You can also see a more personal side for each band member at their blog.

The gig was a great success, each song is fab, my favourite song has to be 'Little Boy Lost' it's just beautiful. I find the album a great easy listen: the band has a very folksy feel and is really right for the time.

In terms of fashion-wise each guy wore shirt, jeans and some sort of cover up-I noticed one waistcoat and a long coat, because of the concept of the album I would love to style the guys up in 1880's attire. Their look would be very dapper, very traditionally 1880's dress-top hat, lapels, cravat. Each guy did have his own style, I would keep this in mind, but by styling them as a whole band, I think there look would become more exclusive and complete.

I had such a great night last night and I'm really glad I have a new album to add to my music collection.

To see more of 'The Housekeeping Society' visit;

www.twitter.com
www.facebook.com
www.myspace.com
Website

No comments: