Friday 8 July 2011

Classic 'Hurts'


As the Hurts are on their European tour, and I am graduating I found it fitting to have a Hurts blog post as my readers may remember back last summer, I listened to Hurts on repeat for 3 months- It got me through my last year of my degree! Not forgetting that I love their music and I absolutely love their look.

A while back now, I remember reading a magazine article where the guys spoke of their fashion choices and how they came about dressing and having the certain style that they do. It's really interesting to know that the guys used to buy their clothes from older high street stores such as BHS and good old trusty Marks and Spencers. They also however, bought from charity shops- buying cheap suits and putting their personality into each outfit with small styling choices. This is just fab! It really proves that no matter how much money you have or not, if you have an eye for style you can look, in the Hurt's case, as dapper as you want and although my primary occupation is styling, it's nice to know that Theo and Adam choose this look and style before any stylist could get a hold of the guys.

Interestingly, yesterday I was reading an article about Keith Lemon (a character created, based on a northern guy) and in that interview Leigh Francis, that plays Keith, mentioned that when he is out for the evening he dress's up well and he thought that this was a very Northern thing, which brought me back to the Hurts- both the guys are from Manchester and I think this idea can be seen in their band. They are both very dapper, their style is timeless and very classic. I know some people may think that wearing a suit is safe, but I don't see this as the case with the Hurts, and I know it may sound funny to say, but you can see when looking at how they wear there clothes, you are able to see a northern influence.



No comments: