Tuesday 2 June 2009

Uni Busy ness!


Well i have been a busy bee this year at uni!!

I've come up, (with a team of 4 others) a marketing campaign 83% worth of a mark for the company TRAID and experienced what those poor souls do on Dragons Den when being grilled about their budgets and ideas, not nice! ive taken over Oxford street with giant mascara bent brushes; ive turned my friend into a chic homeless woman; ive researched every type of student you could imagine and produced a successfull photoshoot pitched at Nylon; ive enjoyed thoroughly researching Hussein Chalayan for a fashion written piece, which led me to visiting the brilliant exhibition at The Design Museum dedicated to Chalayan's work; ive tried to add my personality to a brands webpage; ive used a dictaphone for the first time and i just love how much easier and less embarassing it is to stand and chat rather than ask the interviewee to lean over whilst i just borrow her back as a leaning surface whilst scribbling all thats said down on post it notes! and one thing that i found so valuable and have been meaning to do it for years is form a visual library, full of inspirations! All organised so perfectly!
Overall the year has been a huge learning curve, i can see more of what the industry is going to be like and how hard you gotta work to be heard and not just trampled on!
Now if you have read any of my previous posts, if you read the London Baby?? post you can probably understand my thoughts and feelings of living so far away from home and for some reason this year at uni was the hardest, maybe because it was my first year on the actual course im wanting to do and i could see how hard i had to work, maybe its the fact that im surrounded by a lot of brilliant, creative talent, maybe its because the people including the lecturers see everyone as a number or maybe its because the house that i lived in...well lets just say i may have been kidnapped: because of these reasons, ive decided to transfer to UCLAN and study Fashion Promotion with Styling.
I had my interview a couple of weeks back, it went really well, the lovely woman who interviewed me was very nice and she got me really excited about joining the uni and the course, so from september, i will be studying up north! Yayyy! Im joining the 2nd years so i need to get a group to let me in!! hahahah! She said i was more than ready to start 2nd year which was a nice confidence boost and after doing my Personal Pathway Project at the end of the year at UCA, doing the marketing pathway, im glad i chose to do styling rather than marketing at UCLAN, i found the last project at UCA really difficult although my mark was good.

So yes, a lot has changed this year, a lot of questions have been asked and answered, lots of pro's and con's lists were written and i do think i have taken a huge step in my future career. I hope i have done the right thing: at the minute it feels good but, i just hope in 20 years time it shows me that my decision was correct.
UCLAN here i come, goodbye Epsom!

No comments: