Tuesday 13 July 2010

Beautifully Contrast

I love clothing that has meaning and quite obvious contrasts: whether that be with the literal use of materials or the concept behind the garment so when I read an article on Dazed Digital about a new Central St martins graduate, talking about her orthopaedic inspired final collection, my attention was had.

The designer Egle Cekanaviciute, became inspired for this collection initially by a guy in the street wearing an orthopaedic collar, and then by noticing that more and more people needed orthopaedic help, and as Egle states about inspiration: 'It is closer to you than you think'. Egle's collection alone is inspiring for me, her attitude to fashion I admire: I love that she has fused something quite clinical with something very beautiful.

Also from a graphic design view I love the layout of this photoshoot: the concept page really highlights the fashion imagery more so.












No comments: