Thursday 29 April 2010

'I Am Love'








Today I saw the film ‘I am Love’, I know I’m very late, but like they say better late than never.

I loved the film: the style was so chic and effortlessly beautiful. The setting, of course, Milan, a sumptuous Italian city, with plenty of coffee yum, and the main actress Tilda Swinton, what more can be asked?

The story centres around the ideas of ‘love’, in this case a tragic love story between an Italian husband and an originally Russian, wife. The opening scene really highlights Italian culture and family beliefs and helps in setting the scene for the remainder of the movie. I wont give too much away for those who haven’t seen the film, but I will share with you guys some lovely imagery from the film. Swinton’s style throughout is so naturally chic, her style and sometimes her being, epitomises the Italian wealthy wife/woman.

No comments: