Saturday 21 August 2010

Scarlett Johansson for MANGO- the adverts.




Have you guys seen the new Mango AW10 ad campaign, featuring, again, the natural beauty that is Scarlett Johansson?

I don't really buy Mango clothing, mainly because we don't have a store near by, but when I visit a city and I see a store I go in to check out all the lovely accessories and timeless fashion pieces. I like the companies advertisig campaigns too- specifically when Penelope Cruz became the face of the brand, and I do like Scarlett in the new campaign but I just feel the picture editors have taken away some of Scarlett's universal look. She is known to be quite curvacious and in my opinion she opposes 'the celebrity' look.

The ad campaign was shot by photographer Mario Sorrenti in Los Angeles: the stylist, Camilla Nickerson, make-up artist Stéphane Marais and hair stylist Oribe, completed the team for the shoot. Each artist here is amazing at what they do, the picture editors really don't need to photoshop the image to the extent they seem to have done for this campaign.

What do you guys think about the campaign?

No comments: