Sunday 19 September 2010

ACNE SS/11

Just finished watching another fabulous London fashion week show, on live stream: ACNE SS/11.

Again with regards to the colour palette for the show it could be thought that the show was for fall, but when looking at the fabrics used: sheer chiffon, loose fitting draped fabrics, you immediately are pleasantly reminded that the show is for SS/11.

Before the show begun, we were able to glance at all the fabulous fashionistas arriving for the show and we also were able to have a good ogle at the space. The space was quite intimate and very charming, although I did feel as though I was stalking a living room of a well to do socialite and after seeing the collection, I admit that the space didn't give me any inkling for the clothing that was about to be shown.

I immediatley noticed with the first look the footwear, which I have seen crop up a plenty whilst seeing the LFW shows: the footwear trend for SS/11 may well be the block wedge sandal as seen as this show today.

As mentioned the sheer chiffon fabric showed it's floaty head again-mainly as pieces used to layer garments, I did see however a few blouses in the fabric too. ACNE also showed gorgeous outerwear pieces, with plenty of extra material for that comforting edge. The show didn't have too many accessories only a couple of handbags, grabbed not over the shoulder, and some fab eyewear- the spectacles, a mirrored lens, and small enough to cover just the eyes.

I like to think of the yummy show as a kinda 'Chic Comfort'

No comments: