Saturday 11 September 2010

Violet Vintage Jewellery, London

Who doesn't love Vintage jewellery??

I absolutely love the stuff. There's no such feeling as finding a gorgeous piece of jewellery: a piece that's a one off to have in your red velvet jewellery trinket box. So when I saw a small article in Look magazine about a website dedicated to the yummy vintage stuff I ran to my desk to check out the products.

The pieces are incredible: (some too expensive for my student purse strings, but if I had the money..yes please) even the name, 'Violet Vintage Jewellery' is cute and stylish. The company even has a reworked section on the web-page which consists of a number of pieces of vintage jewellery that has been redesigned and reworked into more contemporary settings. Each piece is designed in Violet Vintage's London studio and handmade by an artisan jeweller in Lincoln. Each item is 'exquisitely boxed in our signature Violet Vintage packaging' and if it's a gift your after your personal message can be written on a sweet little card and popped into the pretty box. Gorgeous.


I know it's fab to rummage through boot sales, vintage fairs and flea markets (and being a student studying what I'm studying I do thankfully have the time to do this and enjoy it) but for those without a second to spare the site is perfect.

Here's some of my favourites..


1950's Vintage Stratton gold robin beauty compact £38



Silver Tone Oui & Non Disc Pendant £24



Solid gold vintage whistle charm on Edwardian chain £250



Vintage 1960's simple gold and pearl ring £85


Beautiful 1920s Blue Ballerina Compact £84



Vintage gold tone leaf bracelet £50

No comments: