Monday 20 September 2010

David Koma SS/11

After Pilotto's fabulous collection: onto David Koma SS/11, the designer well known for dressing many celebrities including Cherly Cole and Noami Campbell.

I immediately realised that the skater skirt may well be a trend as I have seen it crop up for the past couple of shows I have watched, and I don't know wether I'm gonna grasp to this as I will the other SS/11 trends but still Koma made the piece look glamourous and sassy.

The collection boasted a lot of sheer panelling rather than utilising the fabric to adorn a full garment, which I thought was a fab way for us to buy into the trend in SS/11 if you, like me, won't be wearing sheer head to toe, Oh no no...we also saw more pleating at the show, this time much more softer, the detailing though of the pieces was incredible.

A silhouette I have seen recurring is the 'apron', and Koma is a designer who embraced this look without no hiding- he added fabric, directly on top on the underneath garment and pleated the fabric so the piece really stuck out from the waist and hips. I think this again is another trend that I may not be buying into but it's still fun and I like the idea. With this idea you can imagine the porportion play Koma had for this collection. It kinda gave me a sense of french maid, specifically when the monochromatic pieces walked by. I might take on this trend by layering fabrics over one another and playing with porportions.

The colour palette was one which was quite sombre for SS/11 really. There were nudes, white, monochrome pieces, shots of shiny gold and some lovely lemon sorbet colours. The fabrics again were sheer, some leather and I think I saw some organza- Koma here adding a little edge to his see-through fabrics.

No comments: