Friday 11 July 2008

Lampshade, in whatever shade..

A look at the minute is the 'Lampshade Skirt'. Yes you heard right, lampshade. It does sound a little odd, but it looks fantastic, it really emphasises the waist- a key element to 40's fashion. In reference to the catwalk I just loved Rodartes, almost like a sweety wrapper that you've sat with and manipulated into this very geometric shaping, skirts that were shown on the catwalk.



Rodarte Spring 2008 ready to wear collection

When I saw this look in Sex and the City I thought Carrie looked stunning. The styling of her outfit was quite simple, but this is what made the outfit look so cute. It looked like a vintage piece.


3rd one in (this isn't actually the piece I was talking about -I cannot find it on the net at the min cos I aint at home, but whilst researching I came across this great page)

With this particular garment fabrics are key, look for crisp cottons that will hold its shape and gorgeous structure. Styling this garment-just keep it cute and pretty add heels and some amazing accessories with a coloured vest and like Carrie Bradshaw why not add a corsage ( the size of a house) to your outfit?!..no really we love those clown flowers.

No comments: