Thursday 4 March 2010

Chic Mystique. W Magazine





I came across this shoot in my email and I just wanted to share it with those that may not have seen it, it is beautiful.

(Photographed by Mario Sorrenti and styled by Camilla Nickerson)

The colour pallette in the image of Lara Stone is gorgeous, with a big nod to s/s10 sorbet colour palette. I love the location choice too, with the sultry backgrounds really complimenting the styling of the lingerie and the model. Take the image of Freja Beha Erichsen, wearing a Y.S.L wool waistcoat and shorts, Freja's natural look is not one that is heavily feminine anyway which is highlighted in this image, through the pose and the dark patterned background.

Im in love with the silk and leather dress, worn by Liu Wen, the colours are stunning and the image of Patricia Van de Vliet, lying on what looks like a fur throw struck me, for some reason the first thing I noticed where the way her legs had been placed, wether stylised this way or wether it was a natural occurance, just stood out to me in this image; I guess it is probably with the sheer silk gown delicately placed over her long limbs and with this ethereal feeling it kind of reminded me a little of Alice in Wonderlands innocent and naive character.

No comments: