Sunday 14 February 2010

David Shrigley for Pringle of Scotland



In a lecture we were shown this short 'behind the scenes' clip for Pringle of Scotland, produced by David Shrigley, for Pringle's celebration of there return to Milan fashion week. To be honest I have never really seen any of David Shrigley's work, or if I have I do apologise as I have never known this was his work. Anywhoo.....after seeing the above clip I began to look into Shrigley's work, which I find quite entertaining and very charming, and as Pringle's creative director, Clare Waight Keller states,

'As an outsider he has a very different perception of the fashion world, and combining that with his wit and unaffected point of view, the result is fabulous'

(which was written in an article in Elle mag discussing David Shrigley's involvement with Pringle: the article also discussing Shrigley's limited edition Elle bag- *excited*) I really agree with Clare's statement and I do believe this is why Shrigley's piece is very effective and is going to be a hit with the fashion crowd... It seems to me that it's much more interesting to see collaborations with fashion brands and someone working outside the fashion industry as, as you can see from above, the results are humurous, creative, effective and entertaining.

No comments: